To inquire or submit…Please read
If you are an artist, band or some type of entertainer please feel free to fill out our questions and send them to Submit@kickacts.com or email@example.com . But wait, there’s more!
Share on Facebook
Have you checked out the latest podcast? Here it is! Please listen/share/like! Thanks :)
We live in a fast paced world. High Speed low frag as one of my friends always says. We have super fast internet, cell phones, Ipads, and data coming in at us from each direction at a 100 million Kb per second ( figuratively speaking). From sun up until sun down and really, 24 hours a day. Information from texts, email notices and alerts. News and weather updates and don’t forget Facebook notifications. It’s almost never ending…But in reality, some times it’s good to slow down. To smell the roses. We all need to slow down. Agree? To slow down and remember about life and how important our short stay here is to ourselves and to others. Our spiritual well beings and to our soul…
Let me introduce you to Tony Gish and his weekly radio program “The Naked Adam Show“. It’s a 30 minute program that plays good music and has an encouraging word for each of us. He isn’t “preachy” so give it a listen… He is like a good neighbor that pats you on the back and tells you everything is going to be ok. We all need that pat on the back and that encouraging word. He doesn’t have all the answers but he shares about the person that does.
His radio program is updated weekly and I strongly encourage you to give it a listen. In fact, I have started listening to it daily while at work. The podcasts are archived so if you miss it Sunday morning at 10:30am on WSON 96.5 FM, you can listen at your convenience from the website anytime or download the radio app. And go by his Facebook page and let him know you’re listening to his program. He would deeply appreciate hearing from you.
Also, if you don’t mind. Please like and share this article with all your friends! :)
Here is the latest one and it’s a good one too. Please give it a listen! Click the banner below to go to his webpage or the banner on the right of the page.
Share on Facebook
Songs I enjoy listening to and some have the reasons why…Notice, there’s very little metal in the list…links are to stories and highlighted song links are the YouTube videos. Tidbits everywhere! Enjoy :)
- Blinded by the light… Manfred Mann..I can listen to this over and over..never gets old..the keys hypnotize me…
- Aint Gonna eat out my Heart Anymore…Angel..song says it all ..one of my personal favorites from my young teenage years.
- Dreams..Fleetwood Mac Rumors album…I remember playing on a pinball machine on our back porch on second street listening to this one..
- King of the Night time world….KISS personal favorite…I wanted to be one ( a king of the night time world)
- Surrender…Cheap Trick…Live Version..”Entire Album” has to be in the top five even though these are not listed like that……
- Edmund FitzGerald…Gordon Lightfoot, every time I hear this I remember Paul Moore playing the cassette at work, so I think of him when I hear it..
- Afternoon Delight..Star Land Vocal Band..I remember sitting on the back of my cousin’s car in Florida listening to this as a storm was out over the ocean 1976?..
- Run and Hide…BlackFoot..great song..Thanks Paul for turning me on to them..
- Levon…Elton John…I feel like Levon sometimes “As Levon Slowly dies”..story of my life..
- You light up my Life..Debbie Boone..Great song, great lyrics..”So many Nights, I sit by the window”. I grabbed the movie clip YouTube video instead of the lyrics one since I saw the movie when it came out. I know Didi Con isn’t singing ok..
- The Rose..Better Milder….great story in a song..deep, deep lyrics. I also grabbed the movie clip from “The Rose” instead of the lyrics video…
- The Killing of Georgie…Rod Stewart great sad song based on a true story..
- Fathom 309…Red Sovine..never ever will get old..love that sad story..”Have a cup on ole Joe”. Red Sovine was a genius to have music put the stories..I would add…Giddy up go and Teddy Bear..Flowers for mamma…
- Ode to Billie Joe….Bobby Gentry….good coming of age song…great movie..starring Robbie Benson, too bad he jumped of the bridge in the movie cause he was molested..
- East Bound and Down…Jerry Reed..”Entire Album” The whole sound track is great and a great movie..”I only take my hat off for one thing”..I went to the movie theater and watched this movie 6 times when it came out! It ran forever and the VCR wasn’t born yet to the general public so what do you do? You go see it again….and again!
- How you Gonna See Me Know..Alice Cooper…”Entire Album” I can relate to the complete album but this song is special, I remember playing it in White Rose and slow dancing with my wife ..
- Rock N Roll Children…Dio..I was one.still am..just older..
- Me and Johnny…. Rick Springfield ..reminds me of my childhood buddy David Lutz..”Someday we’re gonna shine”….
- In the Year 2525 Zager & evans…kooky cool song. Love the Spanish horns and feel to it!
- Rocky ..Austin Roberts…great sad song….soo believable..
- Run Joey Run…..David Geddes…another great cheesy song I cant get enough of..
- Billie Don’t be a Hero…Bo Donaldson ..love this song….
- Total Eclipse of the Heart..Bonnie Tyler….Sort of my wife Denise and my theme song..
- Time for me fly…Reo Speedwagon…
- Aint Even Done with the Night…John Melloncamp..what a great dance song even though I cant dance..
- Young Turks…Rod Stewart..I felt like this when I was younger and we were just starting out…
- Do You think I am Sexy? Rod Stewart…
- Momma Tried..Merle Haggard….great song. Reminds me of Sundays when mom would clean the house…she would put on this album among many and listen and clean…Love the guitar work…folks this is real country not like the country crap out today…
- Alone Again Naturally …Gilbert O’Sullivan
- Joey…..Concrete Blondes….Inspiration for Joey Star…There were a few 90’s songs that didn’t suck. This being one of them.
- 2112 / Overture – The Temples Of Syrinx….RUSH…Side “A” of the album 2112 only…Side “B” is ok only
- Taxi…..Harry Chapin..Great song about a missed love…….He was a genius…the song “sequel” to it is great too. The link has both songs! Enjoy ..man it’s good stuff.
- Suicide is Painless…..Theme Song for M.A.S.H. I only like the song with the lyrics…very deep and dear to me….It’s hard to imagine like a 12 year old kid wrote those words of wisdom..
- Born to Run….Bruce Springsteen…I love this song..I can feel the power of the motorcycles..We gotta get out while were young`cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run…
- Goodbye Girl…David Gates…Who else has seen Kramer vs Kramer?
- Pressure…Billy Joel…story of mine and everyone else’s life..Mtv ruled for a while..
- Fast Car….Tracy Chapman…..a sad song about hope but in the end it remains the same..lost..We all wanna get out but mostly end up doing what our parents did..
- I walk the Line….Johnny cash..one of the first albums I remember listening to..
- The Best of Times….Styx…
- MR. Roboto…….Styx…
- Leader of The Band…..Dan Fogelberg…good song…deep meaning…
- Same Old Lang Syne…..Dan Fogelberg….true story..great song. Never grow tired of listening to it..I can imagine every line in the song…He had the gift of making you feel every line as if he was writing your story…
- Big John…Jimmy Dean….love this song since I was kid..notice I love story tellers?? Anyone remember Big John beans?
- At Seventeen….Janis Ian….for some reason I really like this song, maybe cause I feel like the ugly duckling too…
- I’m Sorry…..John Denver…..Another great story teller…Love this song….”Its cold here in the city”…I used to listen to this on my “Show and tell” record player. It was attached to the Robinson Crusoe slides.
- Kings and Queens…..Aerosmith…..”Long ago in days I’m told”….Would make a good after school special movie. Anyone remember that series?
- Goodbye to Romance…Ozzy/Randy Rhoades….The guitar work…and lyrics…what a beautiful combination and sad song..It turned the rock world upside down.
- Thunderbird..Quiet Riot….Well written song. Written about randy leaving for Ozzy’s band. So much emotion from one friend to another.
- Easy…..The Commodores…..awesome song. The intro on piano, how it “hops”..awesome 70’s vibe to it. Nobody, NOBODY writes like this anymore. The bass line..whew!
- Hold the Line..Toto…I remember skating to this song…
- Smoke of a Distant Fire…Sanford Townsend Band….I remember listening to this on my little transmitter radio at night lying in bed…
- What You Gonna Do? Pablo Cruise..remember listening to it in bed at night too..
- Ebony Eyes….Bob Welch….wasn’t the video played every Friday night on Night Trax or Friday Night Video?
- Thunder Island Jay Ferguson…great song..From the opening guitar riff I was hooked!
- Show Must go On…QUEEN..my motto….Gonna have to go with the greatest rock voice of all time. Freddie Mercury was GENIUS.
- Spread your Wings….QUEEN..When I was in the scouts and was painting the solar system on a 4×8 sheet of plywood,,I listened to this song over and over..I feel like Sammy most of them time..I should be just sweeping up the Emerald bar…L
- I stole Your Love…..KISS..love the live “Studio” version off of ALIVE II where the chorus echoes “How does it feel to find out your failing your test????” I wore this album out and still feel like a kid when I play it! All I had was the gatefold back then to stare at!
- Convoy….C.W. McCall….Reminds me of “Little Trucker”…I used to talk on the cb and I remember standing out in front of our house and talking to the truckers going by on a walkie talkie..KADJ0472 the little gopher, we’re clear!
- Three times a Lady…The Commodores…I would love to slow dance to this one again. It has probably been played at most wedding receptions!
- Puff The Magic Dragon….Peter Paul and Mary…..Reminds me of being a kid,,never wanting to grow up. Why did little Jackie paper grow up?
- Cold as Ice…Foreigner…I really love the intro piano notes..like they are being pounded out..great well written song..when it was released I recorded it on a shoebox tape recorder and would play it over and over and write down the lyrics..lol…
- Hazard…Richard Marx…. Another great song with a story…it’s a reoccurring theme of mine..
- Winter time…Steve Miller….remember hearing this on 8 track…love the sound effects of wind blowing, haunting acoustic guitar..
- I’m Not In Love….10CC…love the voices in the song..never gets old..”Big boys don’t cry”…
- Don’t Cry Out loud…Melissa Manchester….…”baby cried the day the circus came to town, cause she didn’t want parades just passing by her, so she painted on a smile and took up with some clown..”..powerful words…
- Third Time Lucky…..Foghat…….I can relate to this song..
- Shapes of things to Come…Nazareth….The end of the world…great song..(I know the Yardbirds wrote it). I saw Nazareth in Evansville Indiana!
- Grave Robber….Petra….love this song…inspirational…
- Against the Wind…Bob Seger….what an awesome song…also can add…”Roll Me away”. “I too am lost and I feel double crossed and I am sick of what’s wrong and what’s right”
- Hungry Heart…Bruce Springsteen…..cool song about mid life crisis….so many people do this…”I got a wife and kid in Baltimore Jack, I went out for a ride and I never went back”, how many ppl actual do this?..
- Age of Aquarius….The Fifth Dimension….Love this hippie song. Wish it was true…
- Mr. BoJangles….Nitty Gritty Dirt band…….Always reminds me of Jumbo..I remember one year when the carnival was in the lot across from Second and green street where the little coffee place is now, and Jumbo was dancing for tips..
- If…Bread……great song..soo sad..
- Without you”..Harry Nilsson….
- Brandy….Looking Glass…..good sad love song
- 50 ways to leave your lover..Paul Simon…The snare intro…whew!
- It never rains in California….Albert Hammond…
- Please Come to Boston…Dave Loggins..
- Under Pressure….QUEEN/David Bowie…perfect song…”Its the terror of knowing what this world is about..watching some good friends, scream let me out”…
- Band on the Run..Paul McCarthney & Wings. Better than the Beatles..
- Time in a Bottle..Jim Croce….well written song .love that descending acoustic line..great singer/songwriter,,tragic short life..
- I’ll Have to say I love you in a song..Jim Croce….better than the one above by a few songs..
- Wasted days and wasted nights…..Freddie Fender..I remember going to the Pine Room restaurant with my mom and they had those table juke boxes..I played this song over and over..
- Mandy….Barry Manilow……great song..”you gave and you gave without taking..I have never experienced that…
- Wildfire…Michael Martin Murphy ….great song..good story teller.
- I’m not Lisa…..Jesse Colter….love the single piano notes…sad coming of age song..
- Telephone Lines…E.L.O….love the vocals…like he is speaking through a phone…very smart..
- Le Freak…..Chic…love the disco era..great song to skate too even though I cant really skate well…Great guitar riff!
- Sad eyes…Robert John…good song to slow dance too a long time ago..
- Logical Song….Supertramp…
- My Life….Billy Joel…song says it all..
- Lady…The Little River Band…I remember slow dancing to this one in junior high 8th grade but don’t remember her name..she must of not been important..….
- I’d really love to see you tonight….England Dan & John Ford Coley…great song..can almost see the stars and feel the warm wind..love how the high hats open up during the intro..its all in the details!
- Sultans of swing…Dire straits….perfect story and guitar playing…
- Every time I think of you..The Babys…great song..Saw them open for Alice Cooper..great music…
- Cool Change…Little River Band….wonderful song..
- Sounds of Silence …Simon and Garfunkel….”Hello darkness, my old friend”..we know each other very well…
- two out of three aint bad….Meatloaf….good song…great lyrics..sad though
- Vincent…Don Mclean….studying art in jr high and high school, I can appreciate depression and the close walk with life and death.
- On With The Show…Motley Crue…great well written song..very sad..Perfect blend of guitar, raw emotions and guts. I wish Motley Crue had of stayed this way…:(
And a bonus one…Damn, David Bowie wrote some great songs…But “Is there life on Mars” It’s on Amerika’s tortured brow, That Mickey Mouse has grown up a cow, Now the workers have struck for fame
‘Cause Lennon’s on sale again. Deep Deep Deep
there you have it…your turn …..send us yours to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll put them up…
Share on Facebook
Post-Hardcore powerhouse, The Persevering Promise, is excited to announce
that they will be joining Consider Me Dead, Catching Your Clouds, and The
Paramedic on The Halloween Party Tour, presented by Standby Records.
The Persevering Promise, has opened the ears and pulled on the
heartstrings of fans and critics throughout the United States with their
debut LP, An Illusion in Shambles, which has recently hit #8 on Billboard
Charts in the Pacific region. The dynamic anthems of The Persevering
Promise are comprised of strong, honest vocals, ranging from vibrant hooks
to solid gang chants, monstrous guitar riffs and technical, animalistic,
Debut Album “An Illusion in Shambles” OUT NOW, featuring Chad Ruhlig of
For The Fallen Dreams, Ronnie Winter of RJA, and Shawn Spann of I The
Share on Facebook