Recently James Lowe from Kickacts Magazine sat down with one of the very exciting artists on the scene. The following is a written interview we conducted with the artist while they were working on their next CD and Tour. First off
I want to thank you for taking the time out of your busey schedule to talk to us here today, as i know our readers have been requesting us get you in here some how some way. You folks have been described by your fans as internet
sensations in this interview we will attempt to figure out how this artist became such a great performer and what they have going forward.
1. Welcome to Kick Acts. Tell us a little about yourself and your band and were you can be found at on the web.
My name is Tha Madd Scientist. I am a beatmaker, producer, artist and songwriter. I reside in Oklahoma City Ok. I’ve been recording for a while but I just released my first mixtape in early 2011. I can be found on www.reverbnation.com/ThaMaddScientist. I can also be found on www.twitter.com/maddscientist_3 and www.facebook.com/MichaelAndersonMaddScientist
2. Who are your musical heroes, influences & why?
Michael Jackson is the top musical hero for me. He made timeless music and surpassed all of his peers with unparalleled creativity. He also made ridiculous money!
3. Do you have any advice for someone just getting started in playing music? Any pitfalls they should avoid?
I would advise any newcomer to first get your music copywritten. Secondly, learn as much about music business as possible. Thirdly, be sure the people you surround yourself with have your best interest in mind. The music business is primarily based on exploitation so position yourself to where you don’t lose in the long run.
4. Do you have a greatest gig story you’d like to share?
My greatest gigs are the ones I dream about in my sleep.
5. On the same token as the above question. How about a “worse gig” ever story.
I don’t feel like I have a worst gig story. Although most of my shows have been for promotion which is a strain financially I feel every show should be taken advantage of to gain new followers and connections.
6. Do you have any other hobbies other than playing music? Collect stamps? Collect hats from off the side of the road? Draw pictures of boobs?
I love to read, exercise, and watch TV shows about nature, history and travelling.(If that’s considered a hobby).
7. What do you think about the present music scene or lack of? Care to address that?
I think in OKC we are moving in a positive direction. There are more local artists being played on the radio and doing shows. I would definitely like to see a lot more artists make it to the next level. I’m confident that is coming in the near future.
8. Tell us something about each of your band members that we wouldn’t expect to hear… Like their hobbies or something like that…
It’s just me
9. Hypothetical situation. You’re stranded on Gilligan’s island and you get to hook up with only one of the girls… Is it Ginger, Mary Ann or Mrs. Howell and why?
Wasn’t Mary Ann the smart one? If so that’s the one that will keep us alive!
10. # 10 is called “Shout It Out Loud”. It’s were you get to talk about whatever you want to talk about. So go ahead and “SHOUT IT OUT LOUD”!
To all those who don’t know who Tha Madd Scientist is check out my music on www.reverbnation.com/ThaMaddScientist. My mixtape is available on the site. Please join my mailing list and don’t be shy, I am down to earth and love hearing from my fans and just people in general.