1. Hello Eddie, and welcome to Kickacts. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I’m a 53 yr old entrepreneur. Born & still live in White Plains Ky.
I started The Fancy Free Band in Jan 1975 performed regionally until 1989 then
started a national tour until 1999. Then I played locally until 2003 when we disbanded.
I then started a DJ company doing weddings & clubs. I do alot of shows in the Henderson
and Evansville area too. Then Danny Darnell, my old band mate and I bought Bullys Bar & Bulls-eye Steakhouse in Madisonville Ky in 2006. We leased the Double Dukes at the Ramada Henderson in March 2009
2.You recently took over the Double Dukes bar and Lounge here in Henderson and have dropped a ton of money into the place updating the sound and lights and more. Tell us about it and your goals for the place.
Its is from a musicans point of view, the perfect showroom for a club band or entertainer. Over the next few months expect to see new paint & decor. We have already added in house sound & lighting and we expect to double that soon as this resession eases up! I won’t stop improving as long as I’m there. I hope to have something going on with music everyday at the club including New Bands,Karaoke, videos Dj ,solo, and acoustic acts. I love all kinds of music so I plan on lots of variety with my bands
3. You have something going on just about every night at Double Dukes from karaoke to acoustic acts and bands.You have something for everyone and great drink prices too. Who do you have coming in this month and what are your drink specials?
I told my bartenders to pick 1 or 2 different drinks each day for a special. Then we’ll have some advertised specials each week repeating the ones that goes well! As for future entertainment it will always vary on the weekends. right now I have a Open Mic jam night Tues, Singles dance on Wed. Acoustic Duo Thurs evenings and later on that night Karaoke, Fri will be DJ, Videos with some new bands trying out, and then our featured artist on Sat
4. Do you offer reduced prices on hotel rooms for those that might want to stay after partying at Double Dukes?
I do have a special weekend rate for our customers with a room. theres no cover charge to get in to Double Dukes. A couple could come out, get a room deal, eat a meal, have several drinks,then not have to worry about driving , sort of a weekend get-a-way…
5. Double Dukes is a great bar and as a fellow musician too, it’s a great place to play. It has a large band stage area, dance floor and a killer house sound system that most clubs in this area lack. A band can basically hook right up into your sound system without having to bring in their own P.A. For bands or acts wanting to play there, do you have an email address or phone number where they can get in touch with you?
my email is email@example.com .And your right all our sound gear is top notch and plus we’ll mix the sound & run the lights for the bands.
6. There were some negative comments recently made on Bandnut.com concerning Double Dukes and the old management.You have tried to turn that around. Would you like to address any of those comments?
We are not the old management. Making money there is not top concern but having the best nightclub in area is.We need all the support we can get from everyone. If something at the club is not right I will do my best to correct it for my customer. It seems most of the negativity on Bandnut was personal. If all the entertainers who have already worked for us where to write something about us I think it would be 100% positive.Share on Facebook