Be sure and check out their new album! It drops on May 14th!
1. Welcome to Kick Acts. Tell us a little about yourself and your band and were you can be found at on the web
A: We’re a punk rock band from LA, we like sunsets and unicorns and long walks on the beach. Friend us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/HarmfulIfSwallowed
2. Who are your musical heroes, influences & why?
A: Bad Religion, Face to Face, and Fugazi are big influences due to their unique song structure and melodies. We also like to sample rap songs from the 90’s, which sample songs from the 70’s.
3. Do you have any advice for someone just getting started in playing music? Any pitfalls they should avoid?
A: Do it for yourself, for the love of music, not for the money, it’s not about the money or the fame…unless you get signed then do it for the money, the girls and the drugs but mostly the money!
4. Do you have a greatest gig story you’d like to share?
A: Opening for Bad Religion, was just an amazing experience.
5. On the same token as the above question. How about a “worse gig” ever story.
A: playing at a club in Signal Hill, it was the bartender, bar back, door guy, the other band and us….all night.
6. Do you have any other hobbies other than playing music? Collect stamps? Collect hats from off the side of the road? Draw pictures of boobs?
A: Visual Art, foreign films, fine wine and cheeses
7. What do you think about the present music scene or lack of?
A: As long as there’s alcohol, the music scene is alive and well.
8. Tell us something about each of your band members that we wouldn’t expect to hear… (Like their hobbies or something like that)
A: Josh is a spot on Michael Jackson impersonator, Greg is an amazing hip hop DJ, and Carlos draws with sick kids.
9. Hypothetical situation. You’re stranded on Gilligan’s island and you get to hook up with only one of the girls. Is it Ginger, Mary Ann or Mrs. Howell and why?
A: That’s easy, Mrs. Howell because you don’t have to put so much work into it plus you know she’s gotta be crazy in bed, refined ladies of culture often are!
10.Our last question is called Shout It Out Loud. It’s where you get to talk about whatever you want to talk about. So go ahead and SHOUT IT OUT LOUD
A: Why the Hell isn’t Rick Moranis in more movies?!