Recently James Lowe from Kickacts Magazine sat down with one of the very exciting artists on the scene. The following is a written interview we conducted with the artist while they were working on their next CD and Tour. First off
I want to thank you for taking the time out of your busey schedule to talk to us here today, as i know our readers have been requesting us get you in here some how some way. You folks have been described by your fans as internet
sensations in this interview we will attempt to figure out how this artist became such a great performer and what they have going forward.
1. Welcome to Kick Acts. Tell us a little about yourself and your band and were you can be found at on the web.
I am ZotheJerk of The Jerk Nation. Im a rap artist specializing in Hip Hop and Soul. My sound is a thrilling thought provoking roller coaster ride of sheer delight.
2. Who are your musical heroes, influences & why?
Im influenced by the Beatles, Michael Jackson, Eminem, Jay Z, Hasous Clay, Boldy James, Pink floyd, and lots of others
3. Do you have any advice for someone just getting started in playing music? Any pitfalls they should avoid?
My greatest advice would be find yourself musically and never veer from who you are. Allow yourself to grow even reinvent yourself but never allow someone to tell you who to be musically
4. Do you have a greatest gig story you’d like to share?
My favorite memory was of a show i performed at in Lawrence, Kansas. There was two kids there like 8 to 10 years old, and they actually introduced us the show! It was a moment i will never forget.
5. On the same token as the above question. How about a “worse gig” ever story.
First show ever we were booed off the stage by crowd of at least 1000 people. lol that was the true beginning of my career
6. Do you have any other hobbies other than playing music? Collect stamps? Collect hats from off the side of the road? Draw pictures of boobs?
i do love pictures of boobs lol, my hobby is philosophy and people. i love to connect with different people and experience different cultures
7. What do you think about the present music scene or lack of? Care to address that?
I think there is a music scene in Kansas City but i think its spread out in movements. The artists are generating interest and getting the gigs. Their fan base is growing some are securing major deals and blowing up the independent scene. I think confidence in this cycle has got to be stronger. there are so many brilliant artists that the artists have to self govern where they want the scene to go, thats how i see it at least
8. Tell us something about each of your band members that we wouldn’t expect to hear… Like their hobbies or something like that…
EdofTheJN is is passionate about Honey Mustard from Mcdonalds, Reag has his own language called Reaganese, Hashous Clay is emotionally attached to subway, and i am addicted to Jacstack BBQ lol
9. Hypothetical situation. You’re stranded on Gilligan’s island and you get to hook up with only one of the girls… Is it Ginger, Mary Ann or Mrs. Howell and why?
lets see Mrs Howell has that bread, Ginger was to hot to be loyal and Mary Ann looks freaky, I’d start at Ginger and work down to Mrs. Howell so upon rescue id have a rich cougar on my team lol
10. # 10 is called “Shout It Out Loud”. It’s were you get to talk about whatever you want to talk about. So go ahead and “SHOUT IT OUT LOUD”!
Thanks for taking the time to chat with me! Let me give a BIIIIG What Up Doe to Bo, Reag, Hash, Ed, CJ, Pookie Snuggle, Alex, Marlon, Peters, B MO and all my real immediate crew, Look out for the “LIVE” album coming this Fall! CHeck us out on TheJerkNation.com its our culture… Its Where We Live!!